I love to read books. I have been participating in Book reading challenge every year since Myra was born. And you know what, I never make it. to my target. And yet I am not ready to give up and not indulge. This time I am very positive I will complete my target of 24 books. In fact I am hoping that I shall be able to exceed it too 😉
There are so many books out there. Life is totally uncertain. I got to take this hobby of mine little more seriously 🙂
So how I am making it different this year. This year my smaller goal is to read for 20 minutes every day. So does that mean I do not have a certain number of books that I intend to read by year end? No I do have a small target of 24 books. Now lets not discuss that number. For many 10 or 12 would be good enough and at the same time I know so many people around who read 50 or even 100 books in a year.
But yes my tiny declaration is to read 24 books by 31st December.
Now some people feel why create a fuss over book reading challenge. You like to read so just read! I totally understand where they come from. And that approach is wonderful too if it works for you.
It does not work for me!
I am laid back, procrastinate is becoming my middle name and life takes on every now and then. Over all that when I am not able to sufficiently read I feel very unhappy. And at the same time reading books that inspire me and fire my soul make me a very happy woman (I almost wrote girl, but high time I accept I am 40 and woman sounds more like it). So given how much this means to me I must have a target and a plan to make time for it in my busy life.
This time I am extremely happy that apart for goodreads I am part of the reading challenge on Blogchatter. Now on good reads it seemed like that I would be in a reading challenge in the void. Somehow blog chatter seems like a platform I can connect to more. Perhaps because instead of one there are two things that connect this community – love for writing and love for reading. I’m participating in the #TBRChallenge by Blogchatter. And I am so very excited about it!!
Do look it up and if you are a book addict like me, you would like it too!
I am doing another thing this year. I am going to list down the 24 books that I intend to read here. The main reason behind this is that the biggest problem I face is choosing my next read. So having this list handy, I hope, is going to help me be more focused towards my goal. As you know a SMART goal has to be specific, so I am trying to be as specific as I can be.
Also it would remind me that I have more than enough to read and need not buy more. Sometimes I am more of a hoarder than a reader. Also those gorgeous looking books on Amazon tempt me no end. In my list I did give myself some leverage of buying new books too. I kept few books on the list that I do not have. So, Here goes my list
- The little coffee shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez… already done. You may read the review here
- The book of Ho’oponopono by Luc Bodin M.D., Nathalie Bodin Lamboy,
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- Proof of Heaven by Dr Eben Alexander
- Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn
- The secret Diary of Kasturba by Neelima Dalmia Adhar
- Becoming by Michele Obama
- Love for Imperfect Things by Haemin Sunim
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel J Siegel
- I have Never Been unhappier by Shaheen Bhatt
- Why Mummy Drinks by Gill Sims
- The mother I never Knew by Sudha Murty
- The forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak
- The 7 habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- The Book of Children by Osho
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- I know why the Caged bird Sings by Maya Angleou
- The Stationery Shop Of Tehran by Marjan Kamali
- The Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbret
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Budha and The Bitch by Rashma and Phebe
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler
- I can Make you Thin by Paul McKenna
I am going to update this list as the year progresses. What are your reading plans for the year?
Look forward to hear from you !!