I absolutely love quotes. They are such an awesome simple way of picking up our self at a time when we may otherwise be feeling down and dull. This list of favourite parenting quotes is something we all can keep handy to inspire and keep us on the best possible path in our parenting journey.
I am making this a start to a series of posts of favourite quotes. I always turn to quotes for inspiration. You can read many of them on my Instagram page here.
Quotes can also be moulded into affirmations. We can use the quote to set a tone to the day. We can also use some of these quotes as a self hypnosis tool. I will soon write a post sharing how to use self hypnosis to let go of negative thoughts and deal with anxiety and many more issues.
Coming to parenting. Unless you become a parent you cannot even close to guess how difficult this journey is. And it goes without saying how important it is to do it right, to our best ability. But then no matter how much energy we put in, there are so many times we feel down and depressed. We feel like a failure.
So starting my list with some funny quotes, since humor is important and the best way to uplift us. And its better to laugh then cry. Reading these you may also realize that…. you are not really alone on this journey
- Hungry, thirsty and need to pee immediately… Me, every time I am stuck under my blissfully sleeping toddler. ( Gosh absolutely!!!)
- If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? – Milton Berle ( yes I am multi talented)
- Recipe for Iced Coffee…. Have kids…… Make coffee….. Forget you made coffee….. Drink it cold ( That is one reason I just cannot seem to quit my morning cup of tea)
- A good way to prepare yourself for parenting is to talk to rocks, because kids have similar listening habits. (hmmm my voice is so high pitched and yet it fails to reach my girl!!!)
- I’d love to be a Pinterest mom. But it turns out I’m more of an Amazon Prime mom. ( ah totally!)
- Being a mom means kids banging on the bathroom door like SWAT, asking for a drink, while you’re in the shower. And Dad is in the kitchen. ( happens so often)
- I am a “yes” parent because I will rather let my daughter mess random stuff up then letting her mess with my brain. ( I am getting there. I was a totally no mess person. But I am learning mess is good if it gives me a few minutes of peace)
- The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” —Lane Olinghouse ( That is a miracle I fail to understand)
- Its wonderful how parenting changes our perceptions…… Remember the days when you used to get annoyed if someone went to potty just before leaving the house, but the same thing done by a toddler gives us relief. ( no comments)
- I don’t want to sleep like a baby, I want to sleep like my husband. ( ah seriously! And I tried a couple of times to sleep alone in the other room, but somehow I cannot even sleep without her!)
- Hell hath no fury like a toddler who’s sandwich was been cut into squares when they wanted triangles. ( Or apple not cut in the right way!)
- Me: you’re going to bed in 5 minutes Toddler: No. Twenty minutes! Me: Ok. puts him to bed in 2 minutes because he has no concept of time. ( Guilty!)
- Ever had a job where you had no experience, no training, you weren’t allowed to quit and people’s lives were at stake. That’s parenting. (hmm the toughest job ever truly!)
- You can learn many things from your children. How much patience you have, for instance. Franklin P. Jones ( I totally owe all my patience to my little girl!)
- Silence is golden…unless you have kids, then silence is just suspicious. ( I can take a nap with her constantly making noise. But her silence wakes me up!)
- Sooner or later we all quote our mothers. – Bern Williams ( Ya I caught myself sounding just like her so many times!)
- Having a child is liking getting a tattoo…on your face. You better be committed. – Eat Pray Love ( Lol!)
- Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed. – Robert Gallagher ( Every time!)
Ok so that was humour now some to motivate and uplift you….. because you are doing a great job. I am trying to keep the quotes to parenting for both mom and dad, though I could not help being a bit partial.
- Being a mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.
- There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.
- Your words as a parent have great power. Use them to support and inspire.
- Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.
- As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.
- There are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child. Anne Lamott
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. Robert Browning
- A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die. Mary Mason
- Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child. There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name that moment. Anita Diamant
- You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible. Naya Rivera
- “No matter how much time you spend reading books or following your intuition, you’re gonna screw it up. Fifty times. You can’t do parenting right.” — Alan Arkin
- “Don’t let yourself become so concerned with raising a good kid that you forget you already have one.”— Glennon Melton-Doyle
- It’s not only children who grow. Parents do, too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us see what we do with ours. I can’t tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it myself.”— Joyce Maynard
- Behind every child who believes in himself, is a parent who believed in them first.
Loved this Chinese proverb, it goes: “Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.”
I had a lot of fun compiling this list. I hope it serves you a good purpose too. I will soon make available a printable of these quotes that I love.
I’m participating in #BlogchatterA2Z and this post corresponds to letter Q!